Much like the retro trend of polka dots that is even swore by today, check and plaids have been one such trend that have found a place in the bestselling collections, year after year, whether it’s the Indian ramp or the runway in Milan. Wearing checks not just lends a sophisticated look for men but it also is a great way to add versatility since checks can be mixed and matched in different ways and can be flaunted through different garment pieces thrown together. For all those who cannot get enough of this evergreen trend, here is a little guide to dress with panache using checks and plaids.
• To make your wardrobe versatile, pick shirts in check patterns with different check sizes and colours, this will go a great way in building you day and formal wear both.
• Checkered pants or trousers also look great but try to keep the look minimalistic with small checks and darker hues that don’t hurt the eye.
• A great way to add this pattern without going overboard is through accessorizing. Neck ties in check patterns can enhance an overall suave look for a formal evening, also if you plan to go casual for a day event, ditch those formal shoes for more appealing suede shoes in leather that look stylish and graceful at the same time.
• Whenever investing in check patterns for your wardrobe, ensure to pick only monochromatic shades, refrain from buying patterns in more than one shade as it makes the garment look too busy and kills the style appeal .
• Another important point to remember is, never mix check with check, for example, team up a check shirt with a plain trouser and vice versa, too much of a single pattern adds monotony to the look and makes it dull.